Friday, October 11, 2013

Beauty

       Beauty is a something that people see as being perfect to them. Not everyone sees beauty in the same things and thats what makes beauty so interesting. Seeing beauty in a person or object means that their qualities are just something that draws you and you cant get enough of.
       One particular object that I know many people think are beautiful is something that we see every day and that is the Rocky Mountains. I don't see how you cannot think that these mountains are beautiful. Whenever I go out of town and tell people that I am from Boulder they tell me how jealous of me living there. And they go on and on and on about the mountains. How could you say they are not beautiful there are so many different ways that these mountains can be seen. One of my favorites personally is a fresh white powdery snow that falls over the flatirons. Waking up in the morning and seeing that is one of the most amazing things to me it has really never gotten old. Also a nice summer sunset falling behind the mountains is always filled with beauty. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Flatirons_Winter_Sunrise_edit_2.jpg. People see so much beauty in land. Some people even travel places just to look at the view and sightsee. My dad grew up in a small town in southwest Kansas and he would always tell me that there is nothing more incredible than a sunset over the plain in Kansas. I didnt really believe him at first I didnt think a sunset could be that great in Kansas and I think thats what most people think. My family would travel to Kansas a lot to see my grandparents and every time I told my friends that I would go to Kansas they would always tell me how awful it sounded and that they were sorry for me. It was actually pretty funny. Ill never forget the first time I was there on my grandparents farm. It was a summer evening and the sun was about to go down and my dad told me I was about to get a taste of what these Kansas sunsets were all about and I really wasnt that excited. Then the sun started setting and it was actually really incredible.http://mollieshambeaushow.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/sunset-in-kansas-2.jpg.  I told all my friends about the experience with the sunset and they didnt think it would be to special or anything different from colorado. But that is what beauty is all about is the difference people see in everything. No one else can make a decision for you if you think something is beautiful and I think that is whats really interesting about it. It's all in what you see in the object that draws you that makes up beauty.
     

2 comments:

  1. I once lived among the cornfields in Illinois, and I found them beautiful (even though I missed the mountains). There can be beauty in just about anything if you're willing to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of that sunset makes it sound amazing. I can almost see it :-)

    ReplyDelete