Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mentor text work Toughness

       Jay Bilas really has a good outlook on the game of basketball and what goes on outside of it. In his writing he talks about how the game of basketball these days has a lack of toughness. He also talks about how toughness has no relationship to how nice a person is and I think that is interesting because I think most when people think of someone who is tough the first thing that comes to mind is that they are mean or a bully. He also talks about how a lot of coaches look at players bases off their toughness and he believes that having toughness is a very important part in taking your game to the next level and impressing coaches.
       I can really relate to this because pretty much every coach that I have played for has stressed being tough. Jay says in his book that he thinks toughness is also lost in our society and people get many things just handed to them and don't have to work for anything. He considers this to be a very important part in our lives is working for something and going after the things that we want.
       I am about to read this biography about what Jay Bilas thinks about toughness. I am very interested to start reading it and get a better view of his thoughts. He also is a former college basketball player and is an analysis no for college basketball and watch his shows on ESPN all the time. I like what he thinks about the game and I am really excited to get some more in depth thoughts from him

No comments:

Post a Comment